Julien Bayle is an independent artist based in France and working at the juncture of sound & visuals.
He merges visual art, music composition and a physical approach of sound art and data visualization by creating advanced programmed installations and audio/visual live performances. He tries to address the question of disrupted continuum, interference and representation of concepts by using the physics of sound. His work is based on both experimentation and programming, employing concepts of complexity and chaos as guidelines.
Bayle has performed his audio-visual live performances at international festivals like ELEKTRA in Canada, or sound:frame in Austria, and has exhibited his work in galleries across Europe. He has been invited as a guest art teacher by diverse European art schools, where he provides very advanced technical courses about the place of technology in new media creation.
He co-leads the Bordille Records art label with François Larini and works closely with & records for the Canadian imprint Yatra Arts. Julien Bayle’s live performances and workshop bookings are handled by thisispersona.com.
Download hi-res photo here. (Photo by: Malo Lacroix)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Julien Bayle’s live studio recording for NTS Live
- Pictures: SHAPE @ DAVE
- Pictures: SHAPE @ RIAM 2016
- Photos: SHAPE @ TodaysArt 2016
- August news from SHAPE platform
- Julien Bayle’s live performance for Radio Campus France
- Listen to the March episode of SHAPE radio
- Julien Bayle’s new EP “inner” is out now
- Julien Bayle: ‘We have to be less connected’