Aleksandra Słyż is a Polish composer, sound designer and sound engineer, currently living between Stockholm and Poznań. In the latest live performances Aleksandra has been focusing on finding subtle connections between acoustic instruments and modular synthesizers, creating rich and diverse drone structures, slowly, yet intensely pulsing and resonating within the surrounding space and the listener. Interactive sonification systems are another large part of her artistic practice. Since 2017 she has been conducting an artistic research, which applies practical experiments on
movement/gesture sonification and human proprioceptive reflexes, as well as different types of interaction. Aleksandra’s works have been presented at various music & film festivals in Europe and USA, including e.g. Avant Art Festival, Between Festival, Kiev Music Festival, Open Source Art, Sanatorium of Sound, Unsound, Up To Date Festival.
Download press photo here (credit – Tomasz Koszewnik).
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF THE MUSICAL-DANCE RESIDENCY OF ALEKSANDRA SŁYŻ
- Hear our latest Resonance FM show
- Aleksandra Słyż: ‘We should never sacrifice our self-expression for technology’
- SHAPE+ platform announces 2022 list of artists